Saturday, August 7, 2010

At what age should a young girl be bathing herself, shampooing and conditioning her own hair etc.....?

When she feels comfortable doing it .... I know my daughter started washing her own hair from a very young age, she was less than 3, and yep ... we often had to do it again or rescue her from the ';shampoo in the eyes monster'; ... but it's all a part of growing up ... you just need to teach them to wash and rinse thouroughly and try not to ';miss'; any bits


You didn't say how old your daughter is???


Good Luck :)At what age should a young girl be bathing herself, shampooing and conditioning her own hair etc.....?
She can start as early as 6 but you know kids they will start to play with water instead. Some will just stay in there for awhile and then just wet their hair a little and come out claiming that they have shower already...At what age should a young girl be bathing herself, shampooing and conditioning her own hair etc.....?
5+
I dont remember exactly, but i think my daughter was 5
I would say about .. 9-10 years old ?
18
My daughter tryed to bathe herself at 5. But now that shes 6 she washes herself and her hair well most of the time now . Good luck to ya
bathing herself at about 7-8 yrs old..and washing her hair ect at around 9 yrs old
i had three girls. i allowed them at age 8-9 yrs old. when i was a young girl i was allowed at 6. i look at it this way, if you feel that the child it ready then just keep close eye an let the child know your there if they need your help.
5 or 6
I bathed my girls until they were around 6,their hair until 9 or so.Then after they were old enough, I would remind them to wash certain areas. And before they got out of the tub,make sure they shampooed and rinsed.
I sat in the room with my nephew until he was about 10 - 10 1/2.... after that he was able to do it alone. Girls mature faster, so I'd say she could probably do it alone at 10...providing you've shown her how.
As soon as you have taught her how to do these things correctly. Then you sit with her a few times and make sure she can do it on her own. Then a few times, you go in with her and go out and do something else, then go back in and check on her. Then when she tells you she does not need you to check on her anymore, then it is time.
I wish I knew. I think my 7 year old stepdaughter is taking the mickey out of me... I'm sure she does it at her mother's house - but acts dumb when she stays with us... I'd say 7 is more than capable though.
4 but u should be in there and watch her but then 5 and up she can probly be able to do it herslef
It is a gradual process.


I would allow a 6-7 year old complete bathing by themselves but I would check their ears, make sure all the shampoo got rinsed out of their hair, check their fingernails, etc.
My daughter is almost three and a half.





She sits in the tub while I bathe my one-year-old, and then I turn on the shower for her. She washes herself, with a few reminders from me. She soaps her own hair, and I help her rinse. Same with conditioner. I imagine I'll have to check the rinsing for a few years yet, but she's pretty good at the rest of the job.
I think 7 is a good age for showering or bathing but my mom used to wash and set my hair until I was a teen and took over the hair job for myself.
4-5, I would guess.
My daughter is 4, she bathes herself (shower actually) I stay in the bathroom, but she does it all
My daughter just turned five and I sit in the bathroom with her while she baths and I still do her hair. When she's with her father he lets her bath herself and she comes homes with greasy hair and shampoo build up because she still can't get it all out herself. But she washes herself. I think it depends on your child too. But I would stay with her and make sure she does it right before you leave it all to her. But I know my mom wouldn't let me fill the tub till I was 8, and I wasn't allowed to take a shower without her in the bathroom till then too.
?
By 3rd grade she can do it mostly by herself. She should need no supervision by 6th grade, but that's the time BO starts, so you need to make sure you address that if she doesn't seem to be bathing properly.
My son started off with baths by himself. I would run the water because I was afraid he'd burn himself with the hot water, but he was around six or so. I would sit in there, then I gradually started leaving for a few minutes at a time. Then he moved to showers, but I'd still help with the water, until he wanted to do it for himself, probably around 7-8 or so.





We always had problems with shampoo though, he would put too much on and made a huge mess. We just kept practicing until he figured it out.





When he was little bath time was fun, and it was a good time for talking and reading to him.





I do think three is way to young to shower without an adult in the bathroom, though, and too young to expect her to clean herself well.
when they know how to... 5 or 6 years old if they are mature enough to slather it on, and rince off well... Depends on the kid... My son is the jump in, jump out shower person..


My daughter loves all kind of cosmetics and I bought her some nice smelling shampoo/conditioner to sort of get her on her way and encourage her to bathe well.. She loves it..
Like anything else, it is a learning and teaching process. Part of it is determined by your ability to teach the child and the childs willingness to learn. They don't just start doing it, you have to help them along at whatever pace they can manage. Don't worry about the age, worry about the process.
I would say it depends on the child. My daughter is 4 and isnt ready at all. My neice was about 5-6 when she started doing most of it on her own. The biggest deal to me is that you go back and check that she's washing her bottom well. My husband felt weird about really washing our foster daughters and allowed them to do it theirselves with his supervision, both ended up with red bottoms at one point or another. I'd rather it be done well and not have to deal with ';it hurts when I pee pee.';
Whenever they are responsible enough to turn the taps on and off. maybe 6-10. No older then 10 and no younger then 6.
My son is going to be 6 next month and he just started to scrub his hair only after I put the shampoo in. I still don't trust him with the shampoo, I left it in the bathroom once and a whole brand new bottle ended up in the tub. But girls are a little more do it yourself. I don't know how old your daughter is but I'd say somewhere around 7. It's just a guess though, I have a 3 yo daughter who wants to do it all on her own now. She will probably be doing it by herself around that age or sooner.
4/5
At the age that


1) she is capable of doing it well, and without getting it into her eyes, etc


2) at the point in which she wants privacy or to do it herself.


I don't know what age though, definitly by age 8 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment