Saturday, August 7, 2010

Should I still be letting my 2.5 year old twin boy and girl take baths together? They love to splash and play?

I see NO harm in this,Twins are rather Inseparable, in many-ways, When Old enough,when they become Body aware, They may Naturally bi-gin to bathe separately, or You May have to sit them down and be Very Honest and Upfront about talking to them regarding the difference between Boys and Girls. If They ask you any Questions,which Most Parents find rather embarrassing talking about, the best thing is to Answer them Honestly,as naturally in their language they can understand,Just simply Explain to them the true facts,also letting them know Society Have some Odd Ideas and some Problems, Regarding Vulnerability with Strangers,and even some of your own family Members, No Offense Meant there.They as they get older,stay very close as twins in everything there may not be much they won't do together,but may get Bullied at school, and the Social Stigma of being Twins, Arm Them with Very Clear facts about this. If it becomes a huge problem for you,Seek advise from your family Doctor,or Look for one of the Many twins support groups in your state,As I Live in Australia,I do not know of any links I can give you for where you live, This is where an Internet research would be very useful to you in order to find out whether there is any Twin Support group where you live or on the Net! All Children Should be Supervised when bathing,and you sound Very Caring and Loving towards Your Children.Keep up The Good Work,it is NOT easy Bringing up Twins.Should I still be letting my 2.5 year old twin boy and girl take baths together? They love to splash and play?
I would say it's fine up until the age of about 6.Should I still be letting my 2.5 year old twin boy and girl take baths together? They love to splash and play?
they are fine untell they start asking about parts...male and female...but i dont see that happening for a little while.
Of course they are still little kids,i took baths with my girl and boy cousin till we were 5yrs old,,,,,when your that age baths are always fun especially if you have your brother or sister with you,,.,.,.,
kids this age are becoming aware of their bodies it is time to bathe, dress and go to the bathroom seperately.you do not want inappropriate behavior to occur.they are innocent keep it that way.
i peronally think its fine til they're 5 yrs.
I am of the opinion that children are innocent and that they can remain ignorant of the ';naughtiness'; of seeing the genitals of the opposite sex as long as adults don't impress that upon them. I also think that recognizing physical differences between boys and girls without judgment is a positive experience for children. So I say keep up the shared bath time as long as it's fun and doesn't make extra work on your part.
Talk to your pediatrician. At that age, there is nothing sexual about taking baths or seeing their sibling naked. Children learn through play and they will benefit by learning how to positively interact with each other, share toys, feel the physical properties of being in the water, and have good hygiene.
i used to bath with my male cousins up til bout 5 or 6! i think u'll be fine to keep goin with it
there is nothing wrong with it, they are brother and sister and they are still babies...it would be wrong if they were older


.(just an experience)... my friend had twins who still took bath together at 3 and the lil girl told her day care provider that her mommy made her and her brother take baths together and play....the teacher took it the wrong way....
my kids arent twins but are close in age (16 months between my oldest girl and my boy ......14 months between him and my second daughter) my oldest 2 bathed together till she was about 3 1/2......then he bathed with his baby sister till he was 4....i stopped it when they started asking about the different body parts....if they like to play together in the tub do what i did once i seperated them.....i bathed them individually but i put swimsuits on them and let them play in the tub together....they still do it now. i have a garden tub so i put a couple inches of water in it ....at their age its like an indoor pool.
i think it is still okay to bath them together, but i would'nt be doing it after they reach the age of 4 (pre school or school age) .
For now its fine until they start to get more curious. Then its time to stop but explain to them why you won't let them bath together not details just that there different.
My twins are a year and a half, boy/girl, and I havent really thought about it. I think at 2.5 it would still be ok? Man, now I am going to have to figure this out! My kids have a riot in the bath!
There's nothing wrong with that, unless they still do it when they're twelve.

No comments:

Post a Comment